Atlantis Casino Resort Spa, in Reno, Nevada, has a career opportunity and is looking for someone with a proven track record to be the Director of VIP Services. Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (MCRI), is publicly traded and the parent company of Atlantis. Atlantis has been recognized by Forbes as one of America’s Best Mid-size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
The Director of VIP Services is responsible for constantly improving the VIP guest experience as well as implementing initiatives to attract new VIP guests. Through the Director’s leadership and supported by a relationship oriented host team, professional management, and service focused administrators; this position is dedicated to leading our host team to drive incremental revenue for our market leading property. The role ensures Atlantis’ highest worth guests experience a heightened sense of acknowledgement each and every time they visit the property by all departments they interact with. Its function requires maintaining highly effective working relationships with the Gaming Directors, CSMs, the Hotel, Special Events and the Director of Casino Marketing. The Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is widely recognized as the best property in Northern Nevada and it’s Director of VIP Services is tasked with leading the host team, the ‘gaming sales’ team, to drive gaming revenue growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Ensures the growth and profitability of property revenue driven through high value guests.
• Oversees a team of Hosts, Player Development Directors and Administrative team .
• Devises and executes strategies and programs to increase revenue and new play, utilizing all supporting departments in a profitable way.
• Responsible for creating and executing the annual budget and business plan.
• Create host incentive goals, measures their productivity and create reports to quantify incentive compensation.
• Oversees and provides variance explanations for monthly P&L reports.
• Works directly with the hotel revenue team to optimize the yield of the hotel.
• Provides direction to Hosts in handling special requests from VIP guests.
• Handles VIP challenges and assists CSMs on off hour’s situations.
• Interviews, hires, trains, evaluates, and coaches Hosts, and VIP management staff.
• Ensures that the team is well informed of all special events and promotions.
• Develops / manages memos, policies, procedures, training manuals, and operations manuals for VIP Services.
• Coordinates work schedules and duties.
TECHNICAL/PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE (Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience)
1. Preferred previous experience using IGT Patron Management and HostViz
2. Strong knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook.
3. Preferred 4 year Bachelor’s degree
4. Previous employment experience in Casino Marketing or VIP Services.
5. This position requires the ability to qualify for a Reno Police Department gaming card.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The incumbent in this position works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
Atlantis Casino Resort & Spa offers competitive compensation package, benefits, 401K plan, rewards/recognition, relocation assistance and much more!