Atlantis Casino Resort Spa is a wholly owned subsidiary of Monarch Casino & Resort, Inc. (NASDAQ: MCRI), a publicly traded corporation recognized by Forbes on their "Most Trustworthy Companies" list and rated as America’s Best and Mid-Size Employers.
Atlantis is recommended by Forbes Travel Guide with a Four Star Spa. Atlantis is rated by AAA as a Four Diamond resort; less than five percent of the nearly 31,000 properties approved by AAA achieve this Four Diamond designation. The Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis are recommended by Forbes Travel Guide and consistently receive the highest ratings by TripAdvisor. Since 2000 Atlantis Steakhouse and Bistro Napa restaurants at Atlantis have received the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa has opened an exclusive Assistant Director F&B career opportunity.
Working with the Corporate Director of Food & Beverage, oversees the strategic planning and daily operations of assigned areas.
The incumbent, as with all members of the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa Team, provides excellent customer service to all Team Members, is expected to conduct himself/herself in a manner which demonstrates initiative, professionalism, personal awareness, integrity, and exercises confidentiality in the appropriate areas of his/her performance. The incumbent shares in the Atlantis Casino Resort Spa support of the company’s Vision, Mission, Values, and consistently performs all functions in a fashion that inspires and motivates others to actively pursue them. As part of the leadership team, role models the expected behaviors of service, positive attitude, cooperation and accountability. Engenders trust in others and develops credible relationships at all levels.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Operate the restaurants in accordance with the Resort’s Mission.
• Lead the restaurants to identify, evaluate, and develop strategies to enhance revenue, increase profitability, and increase Guest satisfaction with the Department’s services and facilities.
• Monitor the operation of all food outlets to ensure compliance with all standards and procedures established by the Food and Beverage Director and company health and regulatory standards and procedures.
• Monitor administrative duties of Restaurant Managers and Room Chefs for accuracy, timeliness and compliance with Departmental policies and procedures.
• Monitor staffing levels for all outlets and assist outlet Managers in making adjustments according to business levels and conditions.
• Assist Corporate Food & Beverage Director in monitoring financial aspects of the Department and creating and implementing menus.
• Assist all direct reports in generating any correspondence for the Department.
• Review and approve any evaluations for Supervisors, Managers and line staff.
• Recruit, interview, and recommend for hire select positions.
• Accurately calculate food and plate costs and percentages.
• Provide input on purchasing decisions for all uniforms and equipment utilized in the operations.
• Understand financial reports and apply the information in a timely and practical fashion to improve the operation.
• Implement resort operating strategies.
• Implement Guest service standards throughout the restaurants, monitor the Team Members of the restaurants to assure they provide service in accordance with the standards and take action to correct deficiencies.
• Walk through and visually inspect all dining rooms and kitchens to insure all areas are secured and in proper condition.
• Implement the Resort’s Mission within the Department with the measurement of success consisting of demonstration of these principles by all Team Members within the Department.
• Maintain consistently high levels of Guest service as defined and measured within the Resort’s Guest service expectations and criteria.
• Meet the expectations set forth in the Department’s operating revenue and expense budget as measured by profitability and attaining reasonable rates of return on investment.
• Develop the talents and skills of team members in the Department as measured by guest satisfaction with the Department, Team Member satisfaction with their work place, and successful advancement of Team Members within the Department.
• Respond timely to requests for information and reports regarding the Department.
• Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with ethical integrity; Upholds organizational values.
• Leadership - Exhibits confidence in self and others; Inspires and motivates others to perform well; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Inspires respect and trust; Accepts feedback from others; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates; Gives appropriate recognition to others; Displays passion and optimism; Mobilizes others to fulfill the vision.
• Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments. Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
The incumbent in this position works on-site at the casino and interfaces with external/internal customers, Team Members, and vendors on a regular basis. The position’s work schedule varies and may include Saturday/Sunday and evening work depending on the needs of the operation.
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa fosters a team working environment, family/work life balance and an environment that is focused on team member recognition and appreciation.
Some of the ways in which we accomplish this is by offering the following:
Referral Programs - Team Members who refer friends & family can earn up to $1600 in referral bonuses
Education Tuition Reimbursement Program
Benefits (Medical /Dental/Vision/Disability & more)
401K with Company Match
Recreation /Fitness Discounts
Weekly Resort Prizes
Learning & Development Workshops
FREE daily meal